The COVID-19 outbreak is deeply affecting the lives of millions on a global scale. We take the health of our customers, employees and community very seriously. We are monitoring the developments in Dubai and worldwide and following closely the advice from official channels, namely from the Ministry of Health and Prevention in the UAE and from the Dubai Health Authority.
It is our intention is to continue to support our employees, customers and community. We believe that in these challenging times our expertise, capabilities and commitment matter.
We adopt and lead the way in industry best practices and comply with the stringent European Union Regulations on our store operations. Additionally, we have further enhanced our hygiene and safety protocols.
We would like to highlight the following:
- We do not rely on third parties to clean your clothes. ALL your garments are processed in one of our three major stores – Marina, Jumeirah and Downtown Dubai. From pick-up, cleaning and drop-off, your items will only be handled by 5asec staff.
- We use best in class ecofriendly (EU certified) chemicals and detergents to remove germs, bacteria and virus. High temperatures of tumble driers and steam irons also have a highly effective sanitary effect
- In the Wash & Fold service (the laundry bag), garments of different clients are kept, cleaned and dried separately.
- Our Dust Mites service will be offered free of charge to clients that suffer from asthma or that have dust mite allergies.
- Each store has dedicated staff. During this period, staff allocated to one store will not have any contact with staff allocated in another store in order to insulate risks.
- All teams follow a strict protocol of washing hands with soap, using hand sanitizers, masks and other equipment appropriate to their tasks.
- All our staff are required to check their temperatures at the start of shift and end of shift. There are protocols in place to close and deep clean a store and quarantine staff if symptoms of COVID-19 are detected in a staff member.
- We are asking all our customers to opt for “at door service” where pick up and drop off do not require personal contact between our customers and our staff.
If you are doing your laundry at home, please consider the following CDC guidelines.